Tuesday, November 1, 2011

Cryx Battlegroup

Well here we have the Cryx battlegroup or battlebox. This box is a great way to start a Cryx force as you get Warwitch Deneghra, a Slayer Helljack, a Defiler Bonejack and two Deathripper Bonejacks.
So when I first picked up this set I had no idea what was good or bad or even how to play Warmachine. As a result I magnetized the arms on the Slayer thinking they would be removed if he took arm damage. Turns out there is really no need to magnetize him unless you get a conversion kit or the plastic warjack kit. Now if you do want to get the warjack kit make sure to magnetize the Slayers head and the arms where the ball socket of the shoulder meets the forearm. The warjack kit has different heads and forearms to create three different warjacks. My Slayer is magnetized at the shoulder meets body because I didn't know before assembly where to put the magnets. On a side note, when I got my warjack kit I didn't bother to magnetize at all and built a Reaper with it, I'm quickly learning that heavyjacks are not really my style of play. 
Some close ups of the Slayer and Defiler. I'm just going to list the paints used for these ones since I haven't changed any of my techniques.
Base colors:
P3 Cryx Bane Base, P3 Blighted Gold, P3 Necrotite Green, P3 Jack Bone, Citadel Chaos Black, Citadel Boltgun Metal, Model Colour Iraqi Sand (Deneghra's skin).
Washes:
Citadel Badab Black, Citadel Gryphonne Sepia, Citadel Ogryn Flesh, a mixture of P3 Necrotite Green and Citadel Skull White.
Highlight/Drybrush:
P3 Cryx Bane Highlight, Citadel Burnished Gold, Citadel Mithril Silver, Citadel Skull White, Citadel Astronomican Grey, Citadel Adeptus Battlegrey.

No comments:

Post a Comment