Tuesday, October 25, 2011
I started off using black primer and base coating all the large areas. For the skin I used P3 thrall flesh, for the metal; Citadel boltgun metal and some P3 blighted gold. For the tubing P3 cryx bane base.
I began my washing phase by mixing up a red glaze using Model Color dark red. This glaze was added to the stitching areas and all the areas where flesh meets metal. After that I used Citadel ogryn flesh over the skin parts. The red glaze was visible enough after the ogryn flesh that I was happy with it and continued on.
With all the major areas dry I started drybrushing and highlighting. The metals were highlighted/drybrushed with Citadel mithril silver and Citadel burnished gold respectively. The flesh was brushed with thrall flesh to reclaim some of the raised spots and the stitches highlighted with Model Color germ. ww2 beige camouflage. The green goo was wet blended using Model Color ss. cam. bright green and Model Color lime green. The base was lightly brushed with Citadel adeptus battlegrey and Citadel astronomican grey. The model was finished with Krylon matte finish and then Citadel gloss varnish was painted onto the goo.