Saturday, August 18, 2012
I've had this model finished for a while now but when I photoed it the first time all of my pictures came out with a horrible greyed-out look. And they were quite dark despite using a makeshift lightbox. This time I took a roll-up magnet and set it on the coffee table next to a glass door. I propped one side up and photoed her using it as a backdrop. Overall the pictures came out fine but still a bit too dark. Recently I decided to check out Picasa 3 for organizing and viewing my pictures and saw that it has a built in editing kit. I was able to crop there (like anywhere else, nothing special) and then I used an "I'm feeling lucky" button to edit the light and color. Not sure exactly what it did but the picture looks a lot better after that so I stuck with it. I'll go ahead and post the 'before' photo with crop so you can see the original.
Saturday, August 4, 2012
Anyway, I hope you enjoyed the preview. Perhaps soon I can start painting some of theses guys up. I have decided to go with a mix of greys for skin tone as I am not a fan of typical Trollblood blue. The bases are going to be spring/summer themed, full of life. I considered going with an autumn theme but decided against it as it may draw away from the model too much. We shall see.