Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Witch Coven of Garlghast and Egregore


Here is my first painted alternate warcaster. I've got a few others to try out but no paint on them yet. So far I've enjoyed a dark colorless paint scheme for my Cryx. These witches are no different however their robes are actually a really dark green color (P3 Cryx bane base) and it's a bit hard to tell by looking at the picture. I've been told I should highlight a bit more on my darker areas so they don't look unfinished. I think I may go back over all of them one of these days and give it a shot.
Anyway, I used my standard methods to paint this set. The only thing different is the liquid darkness type stuff pouring out of the Egregore. I wanted it to shine like a liquid so I went over it with Citadel gloss varnish after the model was done. The whole effect was shaped with green stuff around a piece of metal from a clothes hangar. It's not exactly what I was going for but it does look kinda cool, almost like a black pudding or sludge pouring out of him.
One other thing I am considering is adding a few tufts of dead grass to all of the models I've done for Cryx so far. I didn't want to do it at first, thinking they would be coming from a toxic wasteland where nothing grows, but the plainness of the basses is starting to bother me. Let me know what you think I should do.

No comments:

Post a Comment