Saturday, August 27, 2011

Skeletons

Here are the skeletons I've been working on. A musician followed by 20 rank and file. No standard bearer yet but hopefully soon. Painting process posted at the bottom.
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
Photobucket
The bone was done with a base of game color bonewhite, then washed with citadel gryphonne sepia, after drying I washed again with citadel badab black. I then drybrushed with more bonewhite. Citadel black ink was used to deepen some eye sockets and joints. The armor was made from a collection of bits from old 4th edition skeleton sets from games workshop, and a lot of greenstuff. The armor was base coated with citadel chainmail then washed with badab black. After drying I drybrushed back up with chainmail then put a light highlight of citadel mithril silver. For the wood I started with a base coat of model color mahogany brown, then washed with citadel devlan mud and badab black. The shield bosses were based with citadel chaos black and lightly drybrushed with citadel skull white. The red parts were done with citadel red gore then washed with badab black. I started their bases by painting on model color US tan earth in a couple coats since they get handled quite a bit. I then mixed up some elmers glue and water about 50/50 and spread it out across the top of the base and then dipped it in some basing sand. While the base glue was still wet I sprinkled some citadel dead grass then a smaller amount of scorched grass. For the finish I sprayed them down first with krylon gloss acrylic coating, after drying I sprayed some krylon matte finish. And that's it, quick simple and looks pretty nice. These models rank up pretty well but it takes careful planning on which one to put where. If I was to start over I would pay more attention to how they will rank up after finished. I have about 40 more of these guys put together waiting to be painted.

No comments:

Post a Comment