Friday, April 13, 2012
Imperial Guard Hellhound Finished
For the dirt I used Forge World Light Earth weathering powder which I made into a wash with some rubbing alcohol. I tried to get it into the tracks as much as possible and then along the tops of some areas to look like dried dirt or dust. I also flicked some mud around the track areas and front of the tank. When the dirt dried I shaved a pencil down and coated my finger in graphite. I rubbed my finger along the tracks and some other raised areas to bring the metal color out from under the dirt. I chose to do this instead of drybrushing because it lets you sort of rub the dirt off in areas where you want the metal underneath to show through.
Overall the model looks nice but a bit sloppy, and a little too dark. From arms distance it looks pretty sweet though ;)