Friday, December 16, 2011

Darragh Wrathe



Well it's only been a few days since my last post but I just couldn't wait any longer. This model comes in two parts; one is a mounted version of the character the other is a dismounted version. The idea is that once he "dies" he becomes a dismounted version of himself, basically giving him two lives. He seems pretty useful as well, I just haven't used him enough to review him. On to the painting aspect! The whole reason for getting this model is how cool it looks. The mounted part at least. I think the dismounted version is a bit lacking, and the pose is not really to my liking. I painted this guy for the journeymen league though and since I was stretched for time I opted to not convert him. I do like the way he turned out after painting though. The toxic water effect on his base turned out to be one of my better blending jobs too. Perhaps a few more coats of gloss over the surface would do nicely.

No comments:

Post a Comment